Pha Tad Ke Botanical GardenIt couldn't be easier to arrange your visit to Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden and many more Luang Prabang attractions: make an itinerary online using Inspirock's Luang Prabang online vacation maker.
To create Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden, the first botanical garden in Laos.
We are forming a regional research centre in order to create the first living collection of the flora of Laos that will provide an opportunity for collaboration with international botanical institutes. Pha Tad Ke is currently being developed and cared for with the help of dedicated scientists and around 50 Lao staff, and opened to the general public in November 2016, offering a beautifully landscaped setting for visitors.
At the garden, we develop educational programs for all age groups while conducting research into plant reintroduction, horticulture, ethno-botany and medicinal plants to address critical problems ranging from the management of local natural resources to conserving biodiversity worldwide.Through our publications, cultural and social outreach activities, we aim to make a substantial contribution to the responsible development of the region, and to the creation of real expertise that enables Laos' peoples to develop specialist skills for a sustainable future.
- Establish a survey of the flora of Laos, a collection of in-situ and ex-situ plants, and a program of conservation including research facilities and logistical support for scientists.
- Create educational opportunities for local and international constituents, including children, and contribute to Capacity Building through training and support for Lao students in horticultural and botanic studies.
- Provide a natural setting for visitors to enjoy the beauty of the region while promoting eco-tourism that creates local employment opportunities and increases tourism, stimulating economic development in the region.
- Promote sustainable ecological preservation and contribute to biodiversity conservation and awareness programs in Laos and internationally through extensive research, education, social outreach and resource building.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Tours to Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden
Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden reviews
Relaxing boat ride over to the garden followed by an excellent lunch in the restaurant. Explored on my own time, no rush, lots of time to take photos of the flowers, butterflies and views.
Relaxing boat ride over to the garden followed by an excellent lunch in the restaurant. Explored on my own time, no rush, lots of time to take photos of the flowers, butterflies and views. more »
At a cost of US$25 each, this wasn't the cheapest thing to do in Luang Prabang, but it was good value. Different sections to the gardens, including plants used for medicinal purposes, poisonous...
At a cost of US$25 each, this wasn't the cheapest thing to do in Luang Prabang, but it was good value. Different sections to the gardens, including plants used for medicinal purposes, poisonous... more »
A bit pricey but a lovely place to visit for a few hours. The signage it's excellent do you can learn all about Laos flora. Knowledgeable staff are on hand and you can relax in the cafe after a stroll.
This was one of the most tranquil places I have ever been, especially so near a city. The food was gorgeous and delicious and fresh straight from the garden. Eating fine dining quality food while looking out over the pond was just magical. The boat ride was stunning too, and everyone we were with agreed that the looking out on the ride back was probably the best sunset view in the whole city. Service was delightful. I was hesitant at first considering the price but I think it was well worth it and then some. Definitely recommend.
Plan your trip to Luang Prabang
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Book itChoose from the best hotels and activities. Up to 50% off
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Luang Prabang
Hidden gems in Luang Prabang
Parks in Luang Prabang
Shopping in Luang Prabang
Historic Sites in Luang Prabang
Nearby attractions in Luang Prabang
Trips in Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden by other users
61 days in Southeast Asia BY A USER FROM HUNGARY Luang Prabang Hanoi Hoi An 8 days in Laos BY A USER FROM THE NETHERLANDS Vientiane Vang Vieng Luang Prabang 55 days in Southeast Asia BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Hanoi Ho Chi Minh City Phnom Penh 60 days in Laos BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Huay Xai Champasak Town Savannakhet 60 days in Asia BY A USER FROM GERMANY Tokyo Kyoto Busan 42 days in Laos BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Vang Vieng Thalat Champasak Town